The winter days and sunless skies give us a desperate need to brighten our dulling complexions. Follow this easy DIY recipe and reap results!
The key ingredient is lemon juice. Lemon is super high in vitamin C which is essential for brightening and evening out skin tone. It acts as a natural exfoliant which reveals a natural radiance almost instantly. It’s also anti-bacterial and helps with holiday breakouts.
Turmeric is also super beneficial for skin. It's anti-inflammatory, reduces redness, helps fade age spots and it brightens and tones!
Honey is great for healing, fighting skin infections, cleaning pores while naturally exfoliating while retaining moisture in the skin. It also rejuvenates radiance and softness. If you’re vegan, swap honey with agave nectar to achieve the same sticky consistency.
Oats are super moisturizing, not to mention exfoliating and softening on the skin.
Last but not forgotten! Here is the mask ingredients and instructions! It's best to do this AT NIGHT as the turmeric will stain a bit. Don't worry, after a nights sleep, it will be long gone!
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats (ground into oat flour in food processor)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Apply over the sink, on a clean face.
- Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off gently with warm water.
- You may need to wash your face a couple times to remove the yellow tint.
Enjoy the benefits almost instantly!